Things to consider
There are a number of things to be taken into consideration before one can arrange a Nikah such as:
1. Mutual consent from both the bride and groom for the Nikah
2. Two male adults as witnesses who will be present
3. Mahr – The marriage-gift (Mahr)
The giving of mahr to the bride by the groom is an essential part of the contract and may be paid in cash, property or movable objects to the bride herself. The amount of mahr is not legally specified, however, moderation according to the existing social norm is recommended. The mahr may be paid immediately to the bride at the time of marriage, or deferred to a later date, or a combination of both. The deferred mahr however, falls due in case of death or divorce.
Oldham Central Masjid issues certificates for those who wish to get married under Islamic law.
Nikah / Marriage will only be conducted after procedures are correctly followed. This includes completing the required forms. You can collect at the Masjid or request via email.
Please make a non-refundable donation to the Masjid around the following:
- Nikah Ceremony at Central Masjid £100
- Nikah within Oldham (with you providing transport for the Imam) £150
- Nikah within Greater Manchester (with you providing transport for the Imam) £200
- Nikah outside Gt Manchester (with you providing transport for the Imam) £250
Donation is payable at the time when notice is being given. Payment can be made by cheque, cash or online. A ceremony will not be booked until full payment has been received.